Monday, June 27, 2011

DONE with Facebook!

I have deactivated before, but at this point I don't see me ever going back. I had become a facebook junkie. This was fueled in a huge way by the fact that I have an iphone; AND don't have a normal job to keep me off there. It's gossip central, and the best place to find out anything and everything; from divorces to new babies, to cars for sale and who's got kidney stones. Very often you see TMI. The ease of lurking on there that comes from being an iphone user is addictive. You find yourself scrolling and reading all day long, whenever you have a minute. You find yourself talking to people you'd never talk to in the real world, just because it's easy. At this point, I hate giving up a couple of aspects related to facebook; keeping people posted on Daniel's medical condition, and I also will lose the ability to advertise my business there. Regardless, I have to focus on people that actually LIVE in my house, instead of those that exist on facebook. I haven't had my phone on me any this weekend. I actually left it at home and went to Pine Bluff. Being 50 miles from my phone hasn't happened in YEARS. I am proud to say I didn't miss it. Doing some prioritizing around here and think it's the best thing for me. So, if you call or text, it may be a bit before I answer, because I no longer have my phone shoved in my back pocket anymore, and it's exactly what I have to do for myself and my family.

2 comments:

Mom of 7 June 27, 2011 at 2:06:00 PM CDT  

I understand totally! I don't have an iphone, but I get on all day long from my computer and Clay's ipod...and when I can't get on to check, I find myself bored, thinking when can I go check...and the sad thing is, I honestly don't even care! I think it is just my escape b/c I get overwhelmed by what is going on in my household. I can't tell you how many times I look up and think...everyone has been talking to me, and I have no idea what they even said to me. I have been trying to take breaks from the computer in general lately, but it is so easy to sit down and get sucked in! Been thinking seriously about deactivating mine too.

Anonymous,  July 6, 2011 at 9:06:00 PM CDT  

I am with ya....Sometimes it's just time to take a step back!!! Good for you!

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP